We advise our clients in all areas of anti-trust law. Our anti-trust legal services especially include handling M&A transactions and drafting all agreements required for the operative business of a company.
Within the scope of M&A transactions, our anti-trust law advice in particular covers:
- Reviewing national and international merger control filing and clearance provisions of cartel authorities
- Integrating merger control proceedings within the timeframe of the entire M&A transaction
- Anti-trust advisory for preparing and conducting due diligence (e.g. exchange of information, “gun-jumping”)
- Formulating and reviewing anti-trust law-related provisions of sale and purchase agreements and side agreements (e.g. non-compete covenants, exclusivity agreements)
- Preparing and executing merger control proceedings at the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as coordinating merger control proceedings at foreign authorities with the assistance of specialized local law firms that work with us on a regular basis
- Assisting companies in information request procedures of merger control authorities in the context of merger control proceedings of third parties
Within the scope of drafting and negotiating agreements for operative businesses, our anti-trust counsel especially comprises:
- Evaluating anti-trust law-related aspects and legal obligations of distribution agreements, license agreements, research and development agreements and other cooperation agreements
- Considering European law requirements (block exemptions)
Moreover, we execute the anti-trust-related claims of our clients (e.g. damage claims of companies negatively affected by a cartel) before courts, arbitration tribunals and cartel authorities.