Antonio Calderón, Partner
Antonio Calderón joined the FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE team since 2008. He is member of the Practice Group Commercial /Outsourced Legal Department. With his main focusses on (international) commercial contracts and corporate law he provides the link between the operational and structural matters of a company. Mainly, his clients are national and international medium sized companies and entrepreneurs; however, also commercial international corporations are amongst his clients.
As part of his expertise in the Practice Group Commercial/Outsourced Legal Department his main focus is the drafting and negotiation of sourcing/distribution agreements, license agreements and research & development projects. Moreover, he has special experience in international Joint Ventures and other large-scale projects.
In the area of general corporate law he is specialised in matters relating to corporate entities. Moreover, as member of the Practice Group Venture Capital/Private Equity/Start up he advises clients in Venture Capital/Private Equity transactions. He is giving advice to investors and founders during the phases of incorporation, financing rounds until the exit.
- Since September 2008 FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE
- 2008 admission to the German bar
Law School at the University Bielefeld
Languages: German and English
- Advise of VM Capital Advisors GmbH in the acquisition of PAVOY Paul van Oyen Fabrik für Lager- und Betriebseinrichtungen GmbH (2018)
- Advise of Eperi GmbH in seed financing round with Evolution Equity Partners and b-to-v Partners (2016)
- Advise of CiS ELECTRONIC GmbH in the acquisition of BMB Kabeltechnik-Group (2015)
- Permanent Client: International group in the chemical industry, in particular in relation to international R&D projects
- Permanent Client: Worldwide operating entity in the steel and metal industry, in particular relating to sourcing)
- Advising ACAN Invest AG in a round of financing in ProfitBricks GmbH, Berlin (2014)
- Advising NRW.BANK in the acquisition of a venture capital investment in an internet-start-up company (2013)
- Advising of the founders of SmS tenzotherm GmbH, Dortmund, in the seed round of financing by the Russian financial investor VTB Capital (2012)
- Advising a large international video game publisher in connection with a project financing agreement with international investment funds (2011/2012)
- Advising Vorndran Mannheims Capital portfolio company Zett Optics GmbH in the acquisition of Hellux group, Berlin (2012)
Selected Publications / Lectures
- “(Private Equity) Investments in Football” – Lecture, 17 June 2014
- Gründerszene (Start up magazin) – “Venture Capital: Preconditions for government grant“, 23 May 2013 (jointly with Axel Staudt)
- Gründerszene (Start up magazin) – “Exit: Can Earn-Out help to achieve a reasonable purchase price?“, 26 August 2011 (jointly with Axel Staudt)