Status: May 2018
As controller of the website www.franzlegal.com and as responsible party according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 June 2016 (GDPR), the protection of your personal data as user of our website is very important to us, FRANZ Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaftsgesellschaft (mbB), Kaistraße 16 A, 40221 Düsseldorf, Partnership Register of the Local Court of Essen No. 1757
We respect your privacy and protect your private data. With this in mind, we herewith inform you, which personal data we process when you visit our website.
1. Informational use of our website
Personal data (hereinafter referred to as “data”) are all individual details of personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person, e.g. name, address or e-mail address.
When using our website only for information purposes, i.e. if you do not transfer information on your own initiative, we only collect such data which is automatically transmitted to us by your Internet browser as follows:
- date and time of access to our website
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of request (specific site)
- status of access/HTTP status code
- transferred volume of data
- website from which the request originates
- most recently visited website
- the used operating system
- type of browser
- browser settings
- language and version of browser software
- IP address
In the case of purely informational use, we use this data exclusively in anonymized, non- personal form. The data will be stored only for the duration of your visit. A person-related analysis does not take place. The data is used in order to allow the usage of the websites accessed by you technically, in order to improve the user-friendliness of our website as well as for statistical purposes according to article 6 para 1.lit. f) GDPR.
When you contact us by e-mail, your e-mail address, your name, title as well as the subject matter and the content of your message will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. You voluntarily provide us with this data. The data transmitted by you will not merged with other data and are only used for the answering of your message. Afterwards all personal data will be deleted immediately.
Furthermore, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are used to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall. They therefore serve to safeguard our legitimate interest in improving our offer, article 6 para. 1 lit.f) GDPR. If you have given your consent to the use of the cookies on the basis of a notice given by us on the website (“cookie banner”), the legality of the use is additionally governed by article 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (i.e. either us or, if applicable, a third party provider). Information about your activities on the websites visited by you is recorded (e.g. Internet surfing behaviour, visited subpages of the Internet offerings, clicked advertising banners, etc.). All usage data is stored by using a pseudonym, so that no conclusion to your person can be made and a personal identification is excluded.
This website uses transient cookies (temporary usage).
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
The data stored when cookies are used is stored separately from any other data we may have provided. In particular, the data in the cookies are not linked to your other data.
4. Web Analysis
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. "("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. A server is a type of computer that provides programs or resources so that other computers or programs can access them. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases your full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information, for example, to evaluate your use of the website or to provide services to us that are connected with the use of our website.
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
You may refuse the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser; however, this may have the consequence that not all functions of this website can be fully used. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie (including your IP address), which indicates the use of the website, and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()".Consequently, IP addresses are further processed only in an abbreviated form to exclude a direct reference to a person. As far as the data collected about you is related to your person, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted at once.
For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. This is an agreement between the European Union and the United States which states that the United States exhibits an adequate level of protection of personal data.
Information of the third-party supplier: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the privacy statement:
5. Google Adwords
We use the offer of Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. We can determine in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns how successful the individual advertising measures are. We thus pursue the legitimate interest pursuant to article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to display advertising for you that is of interest to you, to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
These advertising media are delivered by Google via so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, through which certain parameters for measuring success, such as the insertion of ads or clicks by users, can be measured. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords stores a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. For this cookie, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (mark that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values.
These cookies enable Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Adwords customer's website and the cookie stored on his computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies, therefore, cannot be traced via the websites of Adwords customers.We do not collect and process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. On the basis of these evaluations we can recognize which of the used advertising measures are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to the best of our knowledge: By integrating AdWords Conversion, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways:
- an appropriate setting in your browser software, in particular the disabling of third-party cookies, will result in you not receiving ads from third-party providers
- by disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the "www.googleadservices.com" domain, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies,
- by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not have full use of all the functions on this website.
Further information on data protection at Google can be found at:
http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
6. Data processing for application purposes
If you send us an unsolicited application for a job or training position, or if you submit an application in response to a job advertisement, we process the following data:
- Name and first name, title if applicable;
- Date and place of birth;
- Marital status, if applicable
- Address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Qualification-related information such as previous work experience, academic and training qualifications, academic achievements and other information contained in the CV, such as stays abroad and social commitment;
- Your photo, if applicable
This data may be processed for the purposes of establishing, carrying out or terminating the employment relationship, article 88 Para. 1 GDPR in conjunction with article 26 para. 1 BDSG-new. We store this data in any case for the duration of the employment relationship and beyond for a period of 3 years.
If your application has not led to the establishment of an employment relationship with us, your data will still be processed on the basis of your declared consent pursuant to article 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. Data processing is carried out for purposes of proof and in order to be able to contact you if we can provide you with a suitable position. We store your data for a period of 3 years from the end of the year in which the application procedure was completed. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future at the contact details given in section 9. In this case, we will immediately delete your data and no longer contact you. The revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent until you revoke your consent.
7. No disclosure of your personal data
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure of such data or we are entitled or obliged to disclose such data pursuant to statutory provisions and/or official or court orders. In particular, this may involve providing information for the purposes of criminal prosecution, averting danger or enforcing intellectual property rights.
8. Data security
All information you transmit to us is stored on servers within the European Union. Unfortunately, the transmission of information by the Internet is not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted by the Internet to and from our website. However, we protect our website and other systems against loss, destruction, access, alteration or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons in the best possible way through technical and organisational measures.
We take precautions to ensure the security of your personal data. Your data will be conscientiously protected against loss, destruction, falsification, manipulation and unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure.
9. Your rights
You have the right
- in accordance with article 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke at any time your consent to data processing once given. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with article 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details. The right to information does not exist or exists only to a limited extent if and to the extent that the information would disclose information requiring secrecy, e.g. information subject to professional secrecy;
- to request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us at any time in accordance with article 16 GDPR;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with article 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with article 18 GDPR if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with article 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with article 20 GDPR to maintain your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or our office.
Right of objection, article 21 GDPR
You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you on the basis of article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR (data processing on the basis of a legitimate interest). If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Furthermore, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, article 21 para. 2 GDPR. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
If you have any questions or complaints, please do not hesitate to contact our company data protection officer:
Data protection officer Mr. Michael Letter
Kaistr. 16 A
+49 (0)211 15 76 76 0
10. Links to other websites
11. Amendments of the data protection regulations
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at any time with effect for the future so that it always complies with current regulatory requirements or in order to implement changes to our services in the privacy statement, e.g. in the introduction of new services.
12. Questions and Contact
If you have any questions or comments about data protection (for example about viewing and updating your personal data), please contact us under the keyword "data protection FRANZ Rechtsanwälte Homepage " (e-mail address: datenschutz(at)franzlegal.com).