Dr. Gabriele Hucklenbruch, Partner
Dr. Gabriele Hucklenbruch primarily advises in banking and financial law with a focus on all issues concerning [market and purchase] financing as well as in contract law.
In addition, Dr. Gabriele Hucklenbruch is head of the practice group Crisis Management. A main focus of her work is the legal consultation of business partners, shareholders and organs of insolvent companies or companies on the brink of insolvency – preventively as well as in disputes with an insolvency administrator.
Dr. Gabriele Hucklenbruch has many years of experience with the enforcement of and the defense against claims in court as well as in assisting clients to avoid legal disputes.
Dr. Gabriele Hucklenbruch regularly conducts trainings and workshops in the above-mentioned fields for our clients.
- Since January 2007 FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE
- 2005 - 2006 VELTEN FRANZ JAKOBY
- 1999 - 2005 Godefroid & Pielorz
- 1999 Admission to the bar
Law studies at the University of Cologne
(LL.D., Cologne, 1998) and Düsseldorf
- Specialist training course in insolvency law, graduation (2005)
- Certified expert for restructuring (2013)
Dr. Gabriele Hucklenbruch is a member of the following organizations:
- association for banking and capital market law in the German Lawyers Assocociation (DAV)
- association for insolvency law, Cologne
- Common Purpose
Languages: German, English, French
Selected lectures / publications
- September 27, 2017 „Current legal issues in the distribution of building materials, DIY supplies and garden products“, Herstellerverband Haus & Garten e.V.
- November 18, 2015 „Contract Management“ German Association Materials Management Purchasing and Logistics, Cologne (Bundesverband Materialwirtschaft, Einkauf und Logistik (BME))
- September 30, 2015 „Takeovers and insolvencies on the purchaser side - risks for the suppliers”, Autumn Conference of the Association of Producers House & Garden, Cologne (Herstellerverband Haus & Garten).
- November 12. 2013 „Possible actions in customer relationships to customers who find themselves in a crisis”, Trade Association Powder Metallurgy, Hagen (Fachverband Pulvermetallurgie e.V.)
- September 27, 2012: „The supplier before and during the purchaser’s insolvency“,” Autumn Meeting of the Association of Producers House & Garden, Bonn (Herstellerverband Haus & Garten).
- April 24, 2012: „Dealings of purchasing agreements and supplier insolvencies in times of crisis”, 5th Dow Jones Steel Market Talk, Frankfurt/Main
- April 21, 2010: „Contract design and supplier insolvency“, Dow Jones Agricultural Marketing Conference, Frankfurt/Main
- January 28, 2010: “Legal aspects in case of supplier insolvencies“, Dow Jones Aluminium Forum, Dortmund
- November 25, 2009: „Legal Aspects in case of supplier insolvencies”, 3rd Dow Jones Steel Market Talk, Frankfurt/Main
- WSM 9/2013 „Focus Financing of medium-sized Companies - Possibilities of Purchase Financing.
- WSM 7/2013 „The Supplier Issue – Possible courses of action for the Supplier in case of Customer Insolvency“
- „Set-Off vis-à-vis an insolvent business partner”, in: Dow Jones Steel Monitor, No. 8,4/2009, p. 7 et seq.
- „Legal options in case of Supplier Insolvencies“, Written course Legal Expertise in the area of Purchasing, Management Circle, 2007
- “Excess Profits Due to the Sale of Security Collateral,” review of the BGH verdict of 11/3/2005 - IX ZR 181/04, in: Finanzierung Leasing Factoring (FLF) 3/2006, p. 113 ff.
- “The Objection of the Preliminary Insolvency Administrator Against Debit Entries,” review of the BGH verdict of 11/4/2004 – IX ZR 22/03, in: Finanzierung Leasing Factoring (FLF) 2/2005, p. 78 ff.
- “Recent Judgements in Contractual Leasing Law”, in: Supplement No. 4/2001 of Betriebs-Berater (Leasing-Berater), p. 27 ff. “Environmentally-Related Self-Commitments – An Instrument of Progressive Environmental Protection?”, 2000