Dr. Udo von Fragstein, Partner
Dr. Udo von Fragstein primarily advises in national and international sales law, competition law and antitrust law. Other main focuses of his activity are trade and contract law, purchase and supply agreements, research & development and joint ventures.
Dr. Udo von Fragstein gives regular lectures on these subjects and is the author of diverse legal publication articles.
Together with Karsten Korrat he leads the Practice Group Commercial/Outsourced Legal Department, which is specialized in the assistance regarding all relevant legal issues of the business operations of domestic and foreign companies. In addition to the ongoing advise on companies’ operational business his activities regularly also involve legal support of complex projects, in particular
- research and development co-operations
- joint ventures
- cooperation agreements
- licensing agreements
- purchasing and distribution systems and the corresponding contracts.
A further focus of his activities is advising in sports law.
Dr. Udo von Fragstein has been one of the frequently recommended lawyers in the JUVE Handbook for German Commercial law firms for many years.
- "Excellent and pragmatic negotiator", Competitors(JUVE Handbook 2016/17)
- "Frequently recommended lawyer for sales and competition law" (JUVE Handbook 2015/16 und 2016/17)
- "Competent and pragmatic", Competitors; Distribution- and Competition Law (JUVE Manual 2014/15)
- "Frequently recommended lawyer for sales and competition law" (JUVE Handbook 2011/12, 2012/13 und 2013/14)
- "Very innovative", Competitor (JUVE Handbook 2011/12)
- Since January 2007 FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE
- 1997 - 2006 VELTEN FRANZ JAKOBY (Partner)
- 1999 Secondment with O’Melveny & Myers, London
- 1997 admission to the bar
Dr. Udo von Fragstein studied at the universities of Münster (D. jur. Münster) and Hagen (postgraduate studies „Japanese commercial law“)
Languages: German and English
Selected Publications / Lectures
- “Collection, processing or use of personal data on behalf of others” in: CallCenter Profi, Issue 01/2011, February-March 11, Page 59 et seq.
- “Legal Aspects of a Price Increase within Long-term Agreements providing for Fixed Prices” in: Dow Jones Stahl Monitor, No. 17, September 2008, Page 5 et seq.
- “RFID, CRM and Data Protection Law: Status and Future Prospects” in: ECIN, February 2008
- “Defaults and their consequences”, written course Legal Knowledge in Purchasing, Management Circle, 2007 [together with Karsten Korrat]