As advisors to our French clients on all relevant aspects of German business law, we understand ourselves as long-term partners and go-to people for all legal and cultural challenges that francophone companies may encounter in Germany. We have extensive experience in M&A transactions and restructurings in Germany and have been supporting French investors in similar areas for many years. Our clients include small and medium-sized firms, high-growth internet and technology companies as well as CAC 40-listed companies.
Building a Franco-German practice group requires genuinely bilateral proficiencies. Since the beginning, we have continuously strengthened our service range and significantly enhanced our expertise in French law. We advise German companies on M&A transactions in France and counsel German financiers investing in French growth companies, especially in the technology hubs of Grenoble and Lyon. Together with our French cooperation partners, we support our German and Swiss clients in establishing or expanding their business in France.
Our main areas of consultation in French law (including private international law) notably comprise corporate, trade, contract and labor law.
Our French Desk is composed of experienced German and French lawyers who are all perfectly fluent in both languages.
In summary, legal advice from our French Desk especially includes:
- German Rechtsanwälte and French avocats advising in French and German law
- Guiding cross-border M&A transactions
- Incorporating foreign subsidiaries in Germany and France, with professional advice on best choice of company legal form
- Delivering corporate law support to foreign subsidiaries, performing corporate housekeeping in Germany and France
- Organizing internal procedures in international corporate groups (liability issues, cash-pool contracts, establishment of reporting lines)
- Providing labor law support in Germany and France, especially while functioning as an outsourced human resources department: drafting and terminating employment contracts, manager service agreements, intragroup mobility of employees, organizing labor law-related internal processes, conflict settlements
- Drafting and negotiating distribution contracts and general terms and conditions for the German and French markets
- Handling litigation and arbitration in Germany and France, achieving out-of-court conflict resolution
- Securing cross-border claims enforcement
- Obtaining foreign judgment recognition and enforcement