Sebastian Henning, Partner
Sebastian Henning is member of the Practice Group Commercial/Outsourced Legal Department of FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE since 2009.
A focus of his work is the advisory of both international and national clients on all distribution matters, such as the development and implementation of complex distribution systems (agency, distributorship or franchise systems), including the design of respective contracts, the draft of specific terms and conditions of purchasing and/or sale as well as the draft of custom-made license, cooperation and non-disclosure agreements.
In addition, Sebastian Henning advices clients regarding all aspects of unfair competition law. Particularly, he supports companies and advertising agencies regarding the legal assessment of advertising campaigns and customer loyalty/retention programs as well as with respect to the design of homepages and social media contents. Moreover, he advices clients on all aspects of customer aquisition campaigns, in particular with consideration of data protection and competition law.
Sebastian Henning’s expertise covers the full range of trademark and design law. In this connection, he represents his clients in disputes at patent and trademark offices or courts (in particular regarding preliminary injunction proceedings). Furthermore, he is specialized on the strategic advisory of clients with respect to the development of specific trademark strategies, in particular covering the registration and protection of national and international trademarks.
Due to his experience as former member of the German national fieldhockey team and began at an early stage of his career advising athletes, coaches, clubs and companies regarding all sport related matters. Sebastian has also graduated a sports law study and has expertise in the advisory and representation of sport-equipment manufacturers.
- Since September 2009 FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE
- 2009 Visiting Attorney for Clayton Utz (Sydney)
- 2008 - 2009 Waldowski – Stünkel – Arendt & Partner
- 2008 admission to the German bar
Law School at the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
Languages: German and English
Selected Publications / Lectures
- „Trademark law and search engine advertising“, unternehmer WISSEN 02/2014. p. 30 f.
- „Ambush Marketing – Dos and Don’ts“, new business 30/2012, S. 10 f (in consideration of the Olympic Games 2012 and the Football European Championships 2012)
- 17. Juni 2014: „Sport sponsoring – new challenge due to Goetze & Co.“ – Lecture
- 8. Mai 2014: „Customer aquisition actions in legal practice“, Inhouse-Lecture with Management Circle AG within the series of lectures „Legal questions regarding call center“
- 8. November 2012: „Social media communication from a legal perspective“, Successful contactcenter (“Erfolgreiches Contactcenter”) 2012, Grutzeck-Software GmbH, Hanau
- 13. September 2012: Lecture „Most important legal aspects of marketing law, data protection and trademark law“, Marketing-Weiterbildungsinstitut e.V., Düsseldorf (jointly with Dr. Udo v. Fragstein)
- 14. Juni 2012: “Sports and advertising law based on the example of the European Football Championship 2012” Client training (jointly with Dr. Udo von Fragstein)