Sebastian Henning, Partner
Sebastian Henning advises national and international companies with respect to all matters of distribution law as well as intellectual property law with a specialization on trademark law.
His focus is the drafting and negotiation of complex distribution agreements: cooperation-, IT service-, license-, distributor-, commercial agency- or research and development agreements.
In the field of trademark law, Sebastian Henning advises companies on the development of trademark strategies, including the registration of trademarks. He also gives legal advice in cases of trademark infringement, in particular with respect to product piracy and grey-market goods. Moreover, he supports his clients in drafting and negotiating IP license agreements.
As a former national fieldhockey player, Sebastian Henning also regularly advises clients on all contractual aspects relating to sports sponsorship agreements.
Sebastian Henning provides legal advice to clients from start-ups to global operating corporations with well-known brands.
- Since September 2009 FRANZ RECHTSANWÄLTE
- 2009 Visiting Attorney for Clayton Utz (Sydney)
- 2008 - 2009 Waldowski – Stünkel – Arendt & Partner
- 2008 admission to the German bar
Law School at the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
Languages: German and English
Selected Publications / Lectures
- „Trademark law and search engine advertising“, unternehmer WISSEN 02/2014. p. 30 f.
- „Ambush Marketing – Dos and Don’ts“, new business 30/2012, S. 10 f (in consideration of the Olympic Games 2012 and the Football European Championships 2012)
- 17. Juni 2014: „Sport sponsoring – new challenge due to Goetze & Co.“ – Lecture
- 8. Mai 2014: „Customer aquisition actions in legal practice“, Inhouse-Lecture with Management Circle AG within the series of lectures „Legal questions regarding call center“
- 8. November 2012: „Social media communication from a legal perspective“, Successful contactcenter (“Erfolgreiches Contactcenter”) 2012, Grutzeck-Software GmbH, Hanau
- 13. September 2012: Lecture „Most important legal aspects of marketing law, data protection and trademark law“, Marketing-Weiterbildungsinstitut e.V., Düsseldorf (jointly with Dr. Udo v. Fragstein)
- 14. Juni 2012: “Sports and advertising law based on the example of the European Football Championship 2012” Client training (jointly with Dr. Udo von Fragstein)